Spring Break Sunday Scoop

It's Sunday and time for Teaching Trio's linky....



Here's the scoop on what is happening in my world this week...


So I have a lot going on this week! FIRST...it's Spring Break! WOOT! WOOT! I needed this time off. Testing will be awaiting us when we return next week and only 10 more weeks of school!

I'm celebrating a birthday tomorrow (March 23). It's a big one...ready?? 5---0!!! Yikes! I can barely say it. I used to think that number was SO old, but honestly, I don't feel any different. Age really is just a number.  I feel good. I'm healthy. And I have a lot to be thankful for! Life is good!

I did receive my first "gift".  Hubby was pressure cleaning our roof yesterday (don't judge...I know it's dirty!) and he "cleaned" a birthday message to me! How cute is that? Now the whole neighborhood knows how old I am...no hiding it now! LOL!



I'm celebrating more than a birthday this week. Months back I set a goal that before I turned that number, I would lose weight. Guess what?? I DID IT! 20 pounds down since September! I am so proud of myself!  I'm eating healthier...really thinking about what I take in. Foods that I used to eat just don't even appeal to me anymore. I did not "go on a diet" (I hate that word), I simply changed my eating habits. Check out my Good for Me Foods Pinterest board for some healthy recipes and food ideas. There are some yummy meals there! Needless to say, I've  had to do some shopping for smaller clothes. I cleaned out my closet. And I feel great! I guess 50 won't be so bad after all!

March 23rd will be spent with my family as we begin a week of final wedding preparations for my niece, Emily. She'll be married at the Hemingway House in Key West next Saturday and we are all heading down on Thursday for a long weekend. I can't wait. It's one of my favorite places to visit and the town I was married in!

In honor of birthdays and weddings in March,  my TpT store will be on sale March 23rd to March 25th. Check out my spring products!

If you have school this week...make it great! If you are on spring break...have fun!


2 comments

  1. Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy your Spring Break. Mine is still a couple of weeks away so I am a little jealous! And congrats on your weight loss! I can't wait to check out your sale tomorrow!
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina, I love your blog! I'm currently hosting a giveaway and was hoping you would be so kind to donate a product. It's a fundraiser for Autism that will take place from April 1 -30. Please hop on over to my blog for more info.
    Thanks!!
    -Melanie
    Teacher’s Lounge

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top