Hello,

Welcome to Beach Sand and Lesson Plans! I am a native Floridian, a lover of all things beach, and a teacher of 20+ years. I currently teach 3rd grade in Davie, Florida and I genuinely love what I do! Ever since I was in 2nd grade I knew this was my calling and I just can't imagine being in any other profession. There have been trying times over the years and education has seen its share of changes. Those changes have also taken place in the students, families, academic expectations...you all know what I mean. Once I get into that classroom and the door shuts, I let all that "stuff" go and just teach. Staying current in best practices, sharing with my colleagues, and reflecting on what I do each day has helped me to stay motivated and positive through the ups and downs.

The beach is one of the best places I know! My favorite beach past time is walking up and down the shore collecting ocean treasures. I hope when you visit me here you will leave each time with a little teaching treasure or two.

I look forward to "meeting" you on Beach Sand and Lesson Plans!




2 comments

  1. Welcome to Blog Land! I love your blog name and header!

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Gina! When I saw the name of your blog, I had to come and check it out. I am a HUGE beach lover. Nothing relaxes me more than reading a book on the beach and listening to the waves. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top