Halloween Treat!

Oh. My. Goodness. I feel like I have gone completely AWOL from this little ol' blog of mine. I'm quite sad about it, but it can't be helped. This school year has been BEYOND crazy. I'm lovin' my class from 8-2. They are super sweet and funny...which is my favorite part!  When that bell rings, though,  it's a whole different story! Before and after school...there is WAY too much going on! New test. New acronyms. Data collection. Assessments. BAM! BAM! BAM! We are getting hit from all sides with so much. The funny thing is no one really knows what the future holds. So as fast we are told about something "new", it's OLD! With a new standardized test looming in the distance things have been quite chaotic. It seems like everyone is in panic mode. Does anyone else feel like that? I've been at this 25 years and I will say this is the toughest one yet!

All I know is I am required to teach the standards. If I do that then they SHOULD perform well on the test, right? (Someone please agree with me!) I am doing my best to stay afloat and TEACH ON!

Since it's Halloween weekend, one of my favorite times of the year, I wanted to give you all a little treat! And if you're like me, retail therapy always makes you feel better! I'm also in an extra good mood because Halloween is my big sister's birthday! We have lots of special treats planned for her...can't tell you what they are here in case she reads this! But I will say that she is the BEST sister in the world. So giving. So caring and patient. And one of the best teachers I know!

Stop by for a little sale going on all weekend.

If you haven't picked up this challenging analogy freebie yet, go and get it at my TpT store. My kids had a blast with this!




I hope everyone enjoys a very spooky weekend!!

2 comments

  1. Everyone I know has said that this year has been the most difficult...I can't really make comparisons, since this is my first year teaching, but all I know is that I feel like I'm completely drowning most of the time! I hope it will get better soon...

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you and Sarah - this year has way too much going on. I feel like I'm on a treadmill at maximum speed, and I'm going nowhere. I love analogies!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top