CHEERS to a NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year friends! Can you believe that 2015 is here? I can't! How will you be celebrating? We will be hanging out with our besties,  enjoying good food, shooting off fireworks, and ringing in the new year together.

While I wait for midnight to arrive, I'm joining up with two linkys. First visit with CaseyJane at Primary Powers for her ONE WORD Resolution party. Here's mine:
I love thinking about just one word. Too many resolutions bog me down and I never follow through anyway, but I think this year will be different. Persevere means to keep going and work hard. Over the last several months, I have been focusing on my weight and overall health. I've lost 17 pounds since September and I'm very happy! My goal is to lose 25 total, so only a few more to go...I need to push through to get those last pounds off. It hasn't been difficult so far. You read that right. It HAS NOT been difficult.  My mind was ready for the change. I think that's the only way to do it. You have to be ready mentally. I've been following Weight Watchers Simply Filling plan and I love it! I don't have to count the points, just eat the power foods. I've been able to make changes to some favorite recipes and my family doesn't know the difference, so that's a bonus!

Persevere is also the perfect word for my school life. I have to remember that between 8am and 2pm my students matter most. I have to let go of all the outside forces that can get in the way of teaching. My students come first. (You can all probably relate!) I need to work hard and push forward with teaching what I know is best for them and not let the other "junk" get me down.

What is your ONE WORD for 2015?

The second party I'm attending today has to do with a little shopping. Head on over to my TpT store for 20% off December 30th and January 1st. Visit Molly at Lucky to be in First to link up your store or to find other wonderful sellers! Stock up and get ready for 2015!


Check out my newest product and grab it while it's on sale. It's a perfect activity to start off the new year. Your students will think about reading resolutions, as well as personal goals for the new year. Make a cute 3D display or bulletin board for January. 




Thanks for stopping by today. Be safe as you celebrate the new year and enjoy the rest of the winter break!

2 comments

  1. Yay for you and your Perseverance! It is amazing what can happen when we open up to change and take time for ourselves. Who would have thought this New Yorker would end up in Alabama! Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family! I hope we can connect soon.
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up, Gina! It's great how you made your word apply to more than teaching. Way to take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top