Show and Tell Tuesday: 100th Day of School

It's Show and Tell Tuesday! The topic this week is activities for the 100th Day of School. I am aware that the 100th day might have already passed for many of you. February 4th will be our big day. Now I'm going to be honest...by the time the kids hit 3rd grade the 100th day is not quite as festive as it is in the lower grades. I leave the 100 hats and the bag of 100 things and the 100 Froot Loop necklaces to the primary teachers. I DO, however,  like to have a tiny bit of fun and celebrate this milestone of the school year.  So, I sneak it in to our very busy and jam packed curriculum with this little ditty that I created. My "All About" Poster for the 100th Day.

I generally take the last 45 minutes to an hour of the day to let my kids have a little fun with their classmates. After all, we can't just work, work, work all day, right?  And let me tell you that my 3rd graders WORK! There is so much to cover in a day. In a school year. Often times I think we have lost sight of the fun parts. I know at times I find myself consumed with the rigors and demands of the 3rd grade curriculum, but when I take a  step back and put it in perspective, I have to remember they are just kids!  The last thing I want to do is pass on the pressure and angst of what gets placed on me. So my motto is "Just Teach". I close my door and I know in my heart that what I'm doing is right. If it feels right to me then I know it's right for the kids!  (Ok...not sure where that all came from! Hope I didn't ramble too much. LOL!)

I created a Pinterest board with some other 100 day activities that are really cute and I just might incorporate in the day. Hop on over and check them out. 
Of course, link up with Denise at Sunny Days for a ton more (and she has shared some good ones). You can link up, too!



I will send my poster to the first 3 people to leave a comment! Don't forget your email, too! Hope you are having a wonderful week!


6 comments

  1. Hi Gina! LOVE that poster! Great thinking!
    I hope I'm one of the first 3 because I think my Smarties might love this to do at the end of an ELA or even in their communication journals home that week.
    THanks for letting me know about the linky!
    I like the JUST TEACH part too! I've been feeling that way lately.
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    Love the poster. What a great idea!
    kburch@sjbplymouth.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute poster. Thanks for sharing the info with us all.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, just posted... and forget my email...

    chevalier.amy@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so feel you on the pressure rigor and angst! Thanks for helping me know I'm not alone! Sometimes I think third grade might have the most pressure! It's for sure more than I ever felt in first!

    Your poster is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Show and Tell Tuesday!
    I love love love the poster!
    My kids just finished the MLK Brain Booster and the things they wrote were incredible. I'll be sharing it soon on my blog.
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top