5 for Friday and a Freebie!

It's FRIDAY! I'm so happy and ready for another round of Five for Friday! This one is going to be short and sweet and little more on the personal side.

#1: I was home for two days this week with my little girl. She had a high fever, but now she's back and feeling fine. We have dance recital pictures tonight and I'm proud to say I mastered the French braid (the required hair style for the pictures and recital). This year's theme is Broadway and I can't wait. It makes me so happy to watch her dance.

#2: My 12 year old son is on his first extended day field trip. He is off to Sea World today. The kids will have an educational tour first than they are free! He doesn't have to walk around the park with a chaperone...he's on his own with his buddies. Thankfully, I have a VERY responsible boy. I know he will be fine, but don't think this mama isn't going to worry until he's back home around 11pm.

#3: Last week I told you about my fur baby that suffered a back injury. We took him for a one week check up today. Our vet feels to be safe, he should rest for another month. This means no jumping and no running with the other doggies in the yard. This is going to be a challenge, but it's what we have to do. After the month there is no guarantee he won't injure it again. There is nothing we can do, but let him be a dog at that point. He can't stay confined forever. 

#4:I hope all you moms enjoyed a beautiful Mother's Day. I know I did. My family came to my house for a BBQ. My niece celebrated her first Mother's Day. It has been a blessing to have her son in our family. Here he is hanging with my mom, his great grandmother: 
                                 
Here he is a few days later hanging on for dear life while my sister's dog steals his diaper! How funny is this?? Just makes me laugh every time I look at it.


#5: For a fun end of  the year project, my kids are reading fractured fairy tales. I put them in groups of three, let them choose one book, and now the groups are rewriting the book into their own reader's theater. They should be ready to perform them soon. I'll let you know how they turn out! Here are some of the books they are enjoying:


Thanks for reading through all my personal stuff from this week. Now for a little freebie for you! I hope you enjoy these Brain Boosters for the end of the year! Click HERE for the download.


Find lots more FREEBIES HERE and some great bloggers, too!

I also want to link up with Molly over at Lucky to be in First. Check out her cutie blog for some more freebies!








2 comments

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful week of family fun mixed in. I remember learning to french braid my little sister's hair - she didn't realize I could see the faces she was making in the mirror. It was too funny!

    The picture with the dog and the diaper is priceless!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to dance and I wish I still did! My daughter did for a little while but then she switched to gymnastics. I'm not sure we have found her niche yet.

    I'm not sure I will ever be able to let my kiddos go unchaperoned in a place like Sea World. Ok, I'm sure we will but maybe it's just that I can't imagine them being old enough...and that makes me sad...they grow so fast!

    You always know the best books that I've never heard of! It sounds like your students are having fun!!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top