May CURRENTLY!

Love me some Currently!! Thanks to Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for hosting this monthly extravaganza!!

Here is what I'm Currently....

 Here is what some of my students are Currently....


 Next year I plan on keeping the kids' monthly Currently papers for a nice end of year keepsake.

Now for a little explanation about what is going on...
LISTENING...my daughter is addicted to the music from the Disney play Newsies!
At Christmas she danced in the Disney televised parade with the cast from the play. It was spectacular! Now she (and I) are hooked. In October, her and I are traveling to NYC and our first stop is Broadway! We can't wait!!

LOVING...my new necklace. I came across an artist on ETSY that creates jewelry from your vintage pieces. I sent her some jewelry I had from my grandmother. These are pieces I love but just never wear. The pearls, the crystal beads, the broach, and the rosary beads were all mine. She added in the other elements and I just love it! Now I can wear my keepsakes in a more modern piece of jewelry.  Her shop is All Things Tinsel!

THINKING...I have so much to do before June 6th! You all know how it is!
WANTING...I really want an iPad.  How do you use yours if you have one?? How do I convince Hubby I NEED one?? Any advice would be appreciated!
NEEDING...don't need to explain that one to teachers.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST... The inside of our house needs a fresh coat of paint. It's not horrible, just a little refresh. We might do it ourselves or ask our friend/handyman to do it. He would get it done a whole lot faster! Last, I'm trying to work in a weekend trip to the Disney water parks. We bought annual passes last summer and I really want to get another use out of them We are still waiting to hear if our group will be dancing at Downtown Disney this summer and then we can finalize those plans.

So that is what is happening currently in my little corner of the world! Looking forward to reading yours!

8 comments

  1. Hi Gina,
    Sounds like you have a productive summer planned- hope you are able to cross those ideas off your list! :) And how cool is that vintage necklace?? It's such a pretty combination of pieces!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina,
    I love that you do the Currently with your students. What an amazing idea!!!!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina-

    I love the idea of the Currently for your studenst! I may have to steal it! You and your daughter will LOVE Newsies! I saw it in the fall and I LOVED it!! I want to go see it again soon! I am your newest follower!

    Rosie

    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina!
    I so enjoyed reading your currently. I love the keepsake necklace. What a wonderful idea! I have thought about using currently ideas with my first graders. I think I will next year. I'm too tired to start anything new this year.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for sharing my Currently in the Classroom... so sweet of you!!!
    and your necklace... LOVE LOVE LOVE... going there right now to check her store out :)
    thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Newsies back in the day!

    We have 5 iPads per class and a teacher iPad each. It is fantastic. There are so many little ways to use it.

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that necklace is gorgeous! I love it! I have 2 iPads in class. One I got through Donor's Choose. The other the whole staff just received from the principal. I love mine! I take it home everyday. I do everything on it. I only get on my computer when I write a blog post or create products. I use my iPad for pictures, movies, apps, calendars. The list goes on and on! I hope you get one soon ;)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those necklaces are really adorable! And yes, that bucket list looks great! I think you can achieve it!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top