October Currently!

Happy October! It's Currently time with Farley over at Oh Boy in 4th Grade!

While I'm working tonight I'm LISTENING to the show 19 Kids and Counting...no matter how many times I watch this show I can not believe the size of this family! It would be like having my whole class living with me. YIKES! I do give them a lot of credit for raising such kind children.

I LOVE OCTOBER! Though we have no leaves changing or cooler weather (yet) I just love the whole feel of fall!

In a few weeks, I will be heading off to New York City with my daughter, sister, niece, and cousin! I CAN NOT WAIT! My 11 year old has been dying to go and this is her year. We have our sight seeing tickets already purchased and we are especially excited about seeing the Disney play Newsies! I can not stop THINKING about this trip. 

I attended a reading conference this past weekend up in Orlando. In the exhibit hall, there was a Crayola booth. Now maybe I'm WAY behind the times, but I have never seen their dry erase crayons and colored pencils. I thought these were pretty cool and I'm WANTING to buy some for my classroom.

I NEED to get working on some new TpT products that I've had on my mind for a while. It just seems that life has taken over lately and I haven't been able to fit in the extra work time at home. I'll get there though!

Here is a little TREAT...do you use Edmodo? I am lovin' it this year. I decided to use this site in place of a website I used in the past. Edmodo is a wonderful educational site that allows you to collaborate and share with families, students, and other teachers. The site has the look of Facebook, so it really appeals to my students and it is super easy to use. You can post homework, load a document, or send reminders. Best of all...it's FREE! Give it a try!

Please stop by and visit my bloggy buddy Alison from Australia! She is having an amazing giveaway!


Hope this October finds you well and happy! Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments

  1. Found you through the currently. I love that it's OCTOBER too!!

    Heather
    Mrs. Bucaroff's Fantastic Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take me to NYC with you! I've always wanted to go, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you are going to New York! It is on our list, but my daughters want to go to Australia more than anything. Hopefully this will happen in the next few years. Thanks for the Edmodo tip, I will have to check it out. I love October too, even though it is still pretty warm out.
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I went to New York in March. It was such a fun trip and the Newsies is an amazing musical! I still love listening to the soundtrack. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, I'm so jealous you're going to NYC! I love off-broadway musicals and the little cafes with chocolate croissants! Oh YUM.

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thanks for the shout out! That was lovely! When I lived in the US I loved 19 kids and counting - I couldn't believe how huge their family was either - think about the washing!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top