Best and Brightest of 2012!

I came across this linky party, hosted by Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge, and was a little intimidated at first. After all, I've only been blogging since October, did I have enough to consider as my brightest and best in 2012?

I gave it some thought and did come up with a few ideas. Here we go:

The BRIGHTEST part of this year was just getting up the nerve to start Beach Sand and Lesson Plans! It has been a great way to connect with teachers everywhere, from different grade levels, with so many creative ideas! It's unbelievable how much is out there to learn! The collaboration across the web just boggles my mind. I didn't think I had it in me to blog and I was a little afraid that no one would care about what I had to share, but I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised.

My BEST posts include Top 12 in '12 and 12 on the 12th.  It was fun to write these lists, one is my favorites from the past year and one is 12 random pictures from that day. I just love the Linky Parties! There are some that are quite challenging. Being a new blogger, the linkys have been a springboard to posting ideas and a wonderful stepping stone into the bloggy world. I guess that is why I think they are BEST!

A part of my blog that I think is the BEST is the tab titled Good Reads. Keeping up with the latest research in education is vital to being a good teacher, so I included SOME of the professional reads that guide my teaching. I have an obsession for children's books, too! I have started a list of books I use in my classroom. There are at least a thousand more to add!

I have made some BESTIE bloggy friends and am stalking following their wonderful blogs daily. It's just too many to list here, so I started a PINTEREST BOARD to showcase my favorites. You can also take a peek at Blogs I Follow or check out my tab, Blogs I Love to meet some of my new friends.

Another BRIGHT spot in this year was "opening" my TpT store. It's exciting to know that teachers appreciate my products and find them useful for their students! I have also purchased many products from my colleagues. I don't think I'll ever buy teacher resources anyplace else again. TpT has opened a door for teachers to showcase their  strengths, talents, and creativity. I'm proud and pleased to be a part of it!



Now it's your turn! Link up and join this end of year reflection into YOUR best and brightest!



2 comments

  1. I love your Best and Brightest! Thank you for pinning my blog to ones that you love.
    I'm still waiting patiently for that new blog design to come in.
    I hope your Christmas was wonderful!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I wish you an en BRIGHTER 2013!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top