Inspiring Biographies for Young Readers

I know no one wants to think about going back to school. I mean, we just got out! But summer is the perfect time to freshen up your classroom library. You can take your time thinking about what books you wished you had last year and what books would work with various book studies or reading skill lessons for the upcoming year. I found quite a few that I'm in love with.

Water Sings Blue can accompany a poetry unit or ocean study. I just like it because it's about the beach and makes me think of summer, so it's a nice read before summer vacation.



The Fourth of July Story is a book published in 1956, but the story is timeless. I love the retro feel of this book. It's a read for older readers, but I can see myself using it as a read aloud with my third graders.





At the start of third grade, most of my students are not yet reading biographies or they just aren't interested in this genre yet because they haven't been exposed to it much. I like to stock my library with easier picture book biographies to get them interested. The following books will do just that.
Manfish: A Story of Jacques Cousteau is one of my favorites. I was fascinated with Cousteau and I LOVED watching his underwater adventures on TV when I was little.



Kids have heard of Einstein and I think they will enjoy these next two books that give you an insight into this genius's life.
On a Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein

Odd Boy Out: Young Albert Einstein



The Watcher: Jane Goodall's Life with the Chimps is a simple story of how Goodall followed her passion.

The Boy Who Loved Math: The Improbable Life of Paul Erdos is wonderful for your math lovers.


I hope you found some new books to add to inspire your students! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Back to Top