Meet the Teacher Linky


It's back to school time!!! Teachers started back today and the first day for kids is August 18th. On Friday, my new kiddos will be dropping in to meet me and see the room they will spend the next 10 months. I love meeting my new class and I hope they are excited to meet me.

To kick off the new year, I'm linking up with Stephanie over at Falling into First for this fun get-to-know-you linky. 


Well, here I am taking a selfie in Central Park this summer...I LOVE NYC!!
If you don't know, my name is Gina. I live in South Florida. I'm going into my 26th year of teaching (WHAT???). I can barely believe it! How can this be? Approximately 700 students have passed through my classroom. WOW!! What kind of impact have I made on those kids? Where are they now? It's mind boggling!

I've been married for 16 years. My hubby is a teacher, too. We have taught in the same school for many years so we drive to work together. He drives and I take selfies! We have 2 of the BEST kids in the world. Sometimes I wonder how we got SO very lucky! Our son is turning 14 and our daughter will be 12 very soon.

Here we are after Lily's dance recital. I took part in a special "mom dance". I had a blast performing!

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Family. Friends. Traveling. Starbucks. Disney. Teaching. My rescue pups. The ocean. The color blue. Movies. Sharpies. 

IF I WASN'T A TEACHER I WOULD BE...
a chef. I'm not even a great cook, but it's something I wish I could be!

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE ME...
Humble. Funny. Intuitive.

FINISH THE SENTENCE " _____________ SAID NO TEACHER EVER".
I love this one!

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Walt Disney, for sure!! I would love to meet the man behind the magic!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
A Sunshiny Day

Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
I want to be a super chef...the power to cook and bake ANYTHING...and to have my kids eat it ALL!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
Just ONE of many favorites

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
This is a hard one...but if I had to pick right now then it would be "Say Something" by Great Big World. Love that song!

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
MORNING for sure. I don't have time for sleep!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
One of my favorites is a new product
Students will act out their responses to reading. I think it's such a different addition to reading time and it gives kids a chance to stretch their creative thinking muscles. Something they need to do more of!

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!
I'm learning how to tap dance. It's a lot of fun and I get to hang out with my "dance mom" friends. My daughter takes the adult tap class, too. I enjoy our mommy/daughter time. (She's quite the tapper!!)


So that's it for me! Head on over to the linky to meet other bloggers and/or link up yourself! 
Have a great week!!



6 comments

  1. Walt Disney is a great choice... I enjoyed learning more about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're leaning to tap dance! I danced for 14 years and miss it tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is precious! I also love that you are so excited to start a new year! I think it's so great that our job lets us start fresh every August! Have a great year!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that you and your daughter do dance together! I love spending time with my mom!

    Kristen
    Kinderdoodlez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Walt Disney is a great choice! That's so neat that you're taking a tap class. I always wanted to take dance lessons, but I never have!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top