Let's Get Acquainted~~3 Simple Questions!

As the year winds down, it seems there is so much going on at home and work. I'm grateful for this little linky from Latoya at Flying into First Grade to keep my bloggy motivation up.

Today is 3 simple questions:
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?

Here are my answers:
1. I knew I wanted to be a teacher since the 2nd grade. My Aunt Norma (who is now 92 and going strong) was my biggest inspiration! She was a teacher and when I visited her in Syracuse, NY she would take me to her school. I LOVED visiting her classroom.  She used to send me old TEs and grade books, too. My dad set up my "classroom" in the garage with a chalkboard and desk. I was in Heaven!

2. My most rewarding moments are seeing students from past classes. I recently saw a student at a local parade running for town council. Another student is in his second year at Notre Dame and another is starting Penn State. I love getting emails from students telling me about books they are reading or how something I taught them has helped them in later grades. A mom I saw last week told me how grateful she was that I played a part in her son's education. WOW! What a compliment! I'm very proud of the lives I've touched.

3. I have NO idea what I would be if I weren't a teacher. I really don't! I think this is what I was meant to be! 

1 comment

  1. That is so wonderful that you hear from previous students! I have moved around a lot and I often wonder what has become of many of mine!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top